Stevenage Depot to Close
Due to difficult trading conditions and the future uncertainty cast by the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, we have taken the difficult decision to cease operations from our Stevenage depot and have entered into formal consultation with our employees.
A substantial number of routes operated from Stevenage will be transferred to our depot in Luton which is located approximately 16 miles away. Employees have been offered continued employment at our Luton operating centre.
Our Managing Director Matt Evans says “our Stevenage operation has struggled over recent years, which coupled with the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has cast uncertainty over the future viability of operations from our base in Stevenage. I’d like to stress that the decision to close the depot in no way reflects the hard work, commitment, and dedication of our Stevenage employees. The team in Stevenage, many of them long serving members of staff, have done an excellent job over the years and we hope to maintain employment for as many of them as possible offering employment at our Luton depot.”
We have operated from our Whitworth Road base in Stevenage since 2007, providing a mixture of commercial, subsidised and school services throughout this time and employing around 50 employees at the site. The last day of operation from the site is expected to be around the end of May 2021.
The following services will continue to be operated by Centrebus from our Luton depot:
- 44/45 Luton to Stevenage
- 80 Stevenage to Hitchin
- 81/81A Westmill to Hitchin
- 89 Hitchin to Henlow Camp
- 304 Hitchin to St Albans
- 314 Hitchin to Welwyn Garden City
- 315 Hitchin to Kimpton
- 85/85A Biggleswade Town Service
- 96/96A Stotfold to Letchworth
- 188/190 Biggleswade to Potton/Sandy
From the 28th March 2021, the following service which are funded by Hertfordshire County Council will no longer be operated by Centrebus:
- 18 Royston to Buntingford will be operated by Richmonds Coaches
From the 11th April 2021, the following services which are funded by Hertfordshire County Council will no longer be operated by Centrebus:
- 308/380 Hertford to Cuffley will be operated by Central Connect
- 378/379 Hertford to Stevenage will be operated by Central Connect
- 333 Pinehurst to Bengeo will be operated by Central Connect
- M1/M2/M3/M4/M5 Ware Town services will be operated by Central Connect
- 10 Stevenage to Bedwell will be operated by A2B Travel Group
- 200 Essendine Mills to Colney Fields will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
- 201 Welwyn Garden City to Welham Greens will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
- 203 Welwyn Garden City to Watton at Stone will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
- 204/206 Welwyn Garden City to Panshanger will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
- 215 Welwyn Garden City to Codicote will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
- 230 Welwyn Garden City to St Albans will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
- 312 Bell Bar to Hatfield will be operated by Chiltern Automotive
Please contact each individual operator or Intalink for details of the timetables that will be in operation from the 11th April.