Orbital Electric Greenline - Coming to Leicester this October
Our CircleLine service will be renamed the Orbital, serving key shopping and workplace hubs, including General Hospital, Oadby, Wigston, Fosse Park, Thorpe Astley, Glenfield, Glenfield Hospital, Beaumont Leys, Rushey Mead, Hamilton and Scraptoft. It will be part of the Greenlines electric network with links to the Hospital Hopper service at General Hospital, Glenfield Hospital, Beaumont Leys and Hamilton. Launch Video can be found here.
This is the first stage of exciting plans to radically transform this service over the next 2 years, subject to funding available. Details can be found on partnership website www.leicesterbuses.co.uk and include increasing the frequency to every 15 minutes with 20 electric buses and implementing significant bus priority measures throughout the route. The service has recently had 'best fare' contactless digital ticketing installed and will have real time information at all main stops installed over the next 9 months.
Features of the new service:
- Fully electric buses for cleaner, healthier air quality, helping us to move towards a net zero City.
- Fully branded buses in an eye-catching greenlines livery.
- USB charging points so you can charge your phone and laptop whilst on the move.
- Passenger information displays to keep you better informed and improve accessibility.
- Next stop audio-visual announcements helping to make travel more accessible.
- New bus shelters so you can wait for your bus with ease.
- Real-time information displays to help you plan your journey better.
- Text-to-speech facilities at bus stops to make travel more accessible.
- Tap on Tap off best fare capping contactless, easy to use and no fuss travel.
Click here to see a sneak preview of the zero emission electric buses we'll be using on the route later this year.