Following Government Advice, face coverings must be worn on all our services from 30th November.
As restrictions return from 4am on Tuesday 30th November, customers using public transport must wear a face covering throughout their entire journey, unless medically exempt.
- Exemptions include:
- Passengers with respiratory conditions and many other disabilities that may not be visible.
- Children under the age of 11
- Children of all ages travelling on dedicated school buses
- Anyone else who has a justifiable reason on the grounds of health or disability
- Bus drivers
- Face Covering Exemptions Cards are available HERE. Please print this off and show it to your driver when you travel.
Where possible, customers should use contactless payment (we now take payments of up to £45) or M-Ticket methods to reduce the amount of personal contact with the driver.
Before you travel with us...
- We request that if you are displaying any symptoms of the virus, please follow the government's advice and stay at home in self isolation for 10 days and do not travel on our services.
- Try to avoid travelling at peak times if possible to help reduce congestion, ease capacity constraints and provide more space.
- When boarding, board one passenger at a time, having allowed any passengers to alight the bus first before boarding.
What to expect when Travelling on the Bus....
- Windows should will be left open to increase the air flow and ventilation.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
What we are doing to make our buses safe travel on...
- We have implemented additional precautions since the outbreak; including issuing our drivers with hand sanitiser and updating them on the importance of keeping good hygiene.
- Perspex screens have been fitted on buses to provide a physical separation between the driver and passengers. Face visors and masks are also being issued to our staff to wear at their discretion.
- Our buses are having extra cleaning which includes the disinfecting of all handrails, bus stop buttons and grab handles. The floor is cleaned with disinfectant on a daily basis and we use X-Mist sanitiser, which kills Coronavirus and stays active on surfaces for up to 28 days.
- We will temporarily no longer be issuing tickets for ENCTS pass holders in order to reduce the risk of spreading infection, through less personal contact.
For further advise...
More information on the NHS advice and guidelines on symptoms of the virus can be found on their website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Information on the latest government guidance on safe travel on Public Transport can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers
We are monitoring the situation closely to ensure we follow the latest advise and guidelines from the UK Government and Public Health England.
We urge that customers refer frequently to our Twitter, Facebook and website for any service updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.